If I didn't track the hits to the EVE Blog Pack, and instead I measured its success based on the numbers of requests I get in comments, in tweets or emails, it would still come up as one of my most visited posts. And that in of itself is a measure of the quality, diversity and consistency of the content that the Pack members provide to the EVE Community. And we must thank them for it!
But that high measure of quality demands very high standards. I long ago recognized that need and wrote about it back when I wrote about "The Few, the Proud, the EVE Blog Pack Members!". And so, I've always tried removing outdated blogs, either at the request of their owners, or by their inactivity.
This is such a time. Currently the Pack has 4 openings, though I might have a few more free spots if some blogs are not updated shortly (see the list below). Blogs that haven't seen a post in 4 weeks, risk being removed at any given time from the pack. That's just the nature of things. Additionally, I like to ask from time to time if you know of any blogs that should be part of the pack. With the hundreds of EVE Blogs out there, it's now virtually impossible for me to catch all the best. That's why I need your input. So below, you'll also find a list of blogs I'm considering. Should yours be in there? Please leave a comment to let me know.
Might get REMOVED from the Pack:
- EVE Online Wormholes <-- Off the hook due to recent post!
- Diary of a Bored Spaceman
- The Planet Risk Show <-- Off the hook due to recent post!
- The Captain's Log <-- Off the hook due to recent post!
Might get ADDED to the Pack:
- Tiger Ears
- EVE HUB
- Cogito Ergo Yarr
- Diary of a Garbageman
- Depths Unknown
- Scrap Metal & Faction Ammo
- Scram Web
- Yours? Please provide suggestion below in the comments!
So "How do you get into the EVE Blog Pack"? Here's what Pack members need to do!
[The original post can be found here]
The Privilege of Membership, comes with Responsibilities
- Blog regularly about EVE Online, a few times a week preferably.
- Comment on Pack members blogs.
- Make a post about the EVE Blog Pack (if you haven't done so yet). Make sure to link to it!
- OPTIONAL: Add other's blog to your Delicious, Reddit, StumbleUpon and/or Technorati accounts.
- OPTIONAL: Digg posts that you find useful or interesting.
- When writing a post, try to link to each other posts, bringing the community even closer together.
- Have a blogroll listing all the Blog Pack members.