This latest issue is probably the best issue so far. And I'm not saying that because my name (p10) and blog (p77) both appear in this issue. This wouldn't be the first time.
My relationship with EON goes back a long time. Some may remember that I had a picture of me and my better-half in issue #003. Once you've stopped starring at Lacy and Melissa, you'll notice me on in the bottom middle photo. Big smile, dark blue shirt next to the cute brunette in a turquoise top (my wife), yep that's me! That was back in 2006 at the Las Vegas Player Gathering.
Anyways, back to why I think this is the best issue so far. I say so because of the quality of the articles, news and chronicles. Now I haven't gone through the whole issue, but with what I read so far, I really look forward to the next issues.
In our digital day and age, where important gaming events come-up weekly, if not daily, EON still manages to get me excited about upcoming events (Fan Fest 2008), guides (Insider's Guide series) and upcoming products (EVE novel, EON Special Issue). And before I forget, anyone who's ever read an issue of EON, please take the time to complete the EON Survey that Zapatero has put up. It's time well invested in the future of this precious publication.
Table of Content - EON 011
- Page 6 --- E-ON Upfront (News)
- 14 ---- EON Awards 2008 - The Winners
- 16 ---- Post Cards from the edge (Screen shots)
- 18 ---- Chronicles: If it's Good Being Free... by David Alexander Corno
- 22 ---- In Crowd: Elisabet Gretarsdotir (CCP Employee Interview)
- 24 ---- The History of New Eden (Part Three)
- 31 ---- In Character: Fantome (Player Character Interview)
- 32 ---- Alliance Profile: Archean Cooperative
- 34 ---- First Pilot's Club
- 42 ---- In Character: Schani (Player Character Interview)
- 44 ---- Cover Feature: One Alliance to Rule Them All
- 50 ---- In Crowd: Kristin Dor Sigurbergsson (CCP Employee Interview)
- 52 ---- In Character: Voogru (Player Character Interview)
- 54 ---- Testflight: Marauders (Golem, Kronos, Vargur & Paladin)
- 62 ---- Chronicles: Looking After Your Own by Richard James
- 64 ---- Insider's Guide: Starting Out (Part Two)
- 70 ---- Insider's Guide: Fleet Setups
- 76 ---- EVE Directory
- 78 ---- Teh Funnies (EVE Humour)